Two weekends each month plate collections from our services are given outside of our walls to small local organizations or to denominational activities.
Plate Selection Process: Plate collections from First Unitarian are given to local non-profit organizations (501C3), line items in the church budget that are connected to Social Justice Ministry (SJM) or to denominational activities.
How to Submit a Plate Collection Request Form: Members and Friends of First Unitarian Church are invited to submit a completed request form. Ministerial staff and Plate Committee members may also submit nominations for a plate collection. Information needed includes:
- Name and contact information of organization
- Name and contact information of member/friend suggesting the offering
- Organization mission and description of services
- Purpose of offering
- Committee will verify frequency of plate collection (specifically within last 12 months)
- Fiduciary information is required
This team is led by Elaine Richane. Feel free to contact her directly for more information.